Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My beautiful Utah!

I've been thinking lately about how unique Utah is with it's climate & landscape variations. One person will describe Utah as having huge snowcapped mountains that are generously covered with pines and aspens. Another will describe Utah as a vast red rock desert with delicate rock formations and arches. I completely agree that everyone takes for granted what they have, until they're away. I was remembering a trip I made to Ohio 8 years ago. I remember very well feeling vulnerable and lost with no mountains. It was then that I realized how much I love living against the Wasatch range, and how much I would miss my mountains if I were to leave. 

I've been out the past couple of days with my camera, taking pictures of what I see on a daily basis, so I can share them with those who have never visited Utah, and especially for those who are away from Utah and could use a good dose of mountains. This is just what we see in Utah County alone.

My view to the North: Mt. Timpanogos~


My view to the South: Mt. Nebo~


My view to the East: Freedom Peak, Visible through Rock Canyon~
(Squaw Mountain on the left, Y Mountain on the right)
Another view to the East: Provo Peak, visible through Slate Canyon~
(Y Mountain on the left, Buckley Mountain on the right)

And last but not least, my view to the West: Lake Mountain~


And this is just a small glimpse of what I get to see surrounding my home on a daily basis.
(Sorry for the dingy East pictures, the wind brought in a lot of dust and junk, most likely leftovers from the HUGE fires in Southern Utah last year. When it clears up, I'll take more.)

Isn't it beautiful?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics! It sure is beautiful here, and rarely boring :) I love your playlist. I've been on a Peter Gabriel kick myself lately and "Digging in the Dirt" is one of my fav's.

Gerb said...

Waaah. I'm homesick for mountains. : (