Sunday, May 4, 2008

Avoiding responsibility

I have been sucked into the world of laptop convenience. I can sit anywhere I please and get sucked into the technological world... and avoid all responsibility. Like now. (As I am lounging on my couch staring at a large pile of sheets that need to be folded and taken to my office.) We definitely live in a lazy world, a world of enabling, a world of convenience. Long gone are the days of going to the library to do research. Long gone are the days of standing at the end of a 3 ft. phone cord and making the conversations short because you're tied to the wall. And now, long gone are the days of big bulky computers, and I am elated with the extra freedom my laptop (and my cell phone) have given me. And now to go fold those sheets...

1 comment:

Gerb said...

I'm ractically attached to my computer. Seriously. And when we travel somewhere that we can't get Internet, I feel like I'm cut off from the world!

It can provide a wonderful way to procrastinate, though... : )

As for research, I still go to the library a lot. Researching on the Internet is a great place to start, but too much information is unreliable. Though I suppose it depends on the kind of research you have to do (and if your editor will be checking your facts!)